Target Gender Equality
Setting and meeting ambitious corporate targets for women’s representation & leadership
Target Gender Equality is a gender equality accelerator programme for participating companies of the UN Global Compact. Through facilitated performance analysis, capacity building workshops, peer-to-peer learning and multi-stakeholder dialogue at the country-level, Target Gender Equality will support companies engaged with the UN Global Compact in setting and reaching ambitious corporate targets for women’s representation and leadership, starting with the Board and Executive Management levels.
Companies participating in Target Gender Equality have the opportunity to deepen implementation of the Women’s Empowerment Principles and strengthen their contribution to Sustainable Development Goal 5.5, which calls for equal women representation, participation and leadership in business globally. Companies will be equipped with the latest data and research supporting the business case for gender equality and gain insights from UN partners and experts on how to accelerate progress on gender equality.
Confidently set ambitious and realistic corporate targets for gender equality demonstrating commitment and action to your employees, investors and other stakeholders
Understand your current gender equality performance through the facilitated use of the Women’s Empowerment Principles Gender Gap Analysis Tool
Engage in accelerated learning opportunities specific to your country context
Build a network of peers, UN partners and experts to support your gender equality strategy and work collectively to tackle persistent barriers to gender equality.
Showcase women in your company who are driving business success, sustainability and contributions to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
In order to take part In Target Gender Equality, companies are required to be participants of the UN Global Compact or willing to join, and meet the following criteria:
- Committed to learning about corporate target setting and taking actions to increase women’s representation and leadership in business
- Willing to appoint two representatives to participate in programme activities and events and an executive-level “Ambassador” to follow programme developments, provide support and participate in high-level events
- Currently engaged with a Global Compact Local Network or willing to join if required by the Network
of past Target Gender Equality participants would recommend the programme to their peers
One year after programme completion,
of participants report that they have benefited from Target Gender Equality
I left the sessions inspired to continue our journey and learn from others experiences to work towards our 2030 ambitions.
We started this program with high ambitions and many different angles on how to reach them. TGE helped us determine focus and discuss the different approaches, which ended in a stronger commitment and ready-to-use actions.
The programme gave concrete guidance on what you could be doing for gender equality. It doesn’t matter what gender you are to engage in these questions. Diversity includes all of us.
I enjoyed hearing about the practices that already exist in other companies. Very useful to share with my team!
Participating in this programme and setting targets sends a strong internal communication that gender equality is a priority. It’s something we promise to our employees: that we will do our best.
The below programme will take place virtually in each country, complemented by further optional regional and global engagement opportunities.
- Performance Analysis and aggregate results discussions through the WEPs Gender Gap Analysis Tool
- Three capacity building work-shops:
- “Setting Targets & Defining Ambition”
- “Strategies for Success”
- “Measuring & Communicating Progress”
- An Action Planning Guide will support participants to apply learnings within their company’s context
- Learning opportunities through the UN Global Compact Academy
- Multi-stakeholder Action Dialogues to jointly advocate to raise the bar for gender equality
Applications open: March 2024
Programme starts: June 2024
Programme ends: March 2025